If you love wildlife and gorgeous destinations, the U.S. is full of them. In fact, many people regularly plan road trips in RV rentals to be able to see as many of these places as possible. A trip throughout the U.S. can bring you to some of the most iconic national parks and wildlife sanctuaries.
Taking time in nature is one of the best ways to spend a vacation as you are more easily able to disconnect from your life back home. Whether you want to spend time hiking in one of the famous national parks in the U.S. are visit a place where marine life can be seen, spending time observing wildlife is a great way to connect with nature.
To help you plan a road trip, the following destinations are just some of the best ones for observing wildlife and enjoying the great outdoors:
- Arcata: Arcata (in California) is a great place for you if you enjoy watching birds and other animals. While it’s not the place to go for big, scary predators, it’s ideal for a relaxing experience in nature with family and kids. There are plenty of bird watching tours that you can go on, so if you want some peaceful nature time, this is a great destination for road trippers in RV rentals.
- Yellowstone National Park: Buffalo, bison, and elk are the first animals that come to mind when thinking about the world’s first national park, but it’s also home to some “scarier” animals such as the black bear and grizzly bear. Snakes also reign supreme in Yellowstone, with bull snakes and rubber boas joining the rnaks of wildlife in one of the most beautiful national parks in the U.S. If you want your fill of wildlife and beauty, this is the place for you to go in Wyoming. As one of the top nature destinations in the world, you can be sure that it will be worth your time to make Yellowstone a top destination for your next road trip.
- Yosemite National Park: If you love your felines, head on over to Yosemite National Park. It used to be home to many a wildcat, but unfortunately, the numbers have dwindled. Either way, the park is still home for bobcats and cougars. Of course, bears are also some of the other interesting animals that can be seen in Yosemite, so if you don’t see the cats, maybe you’ll get lucky and see some bears—from afar, we hope. Plus, it’s the perfect location for enjoying some hiking in nature, and you’ll be rewarded with plenty of breathtaking views.
- Alaska Peninsula-McNeil River State Game Sanctuary and Refuge: Alaska is probably one of the states with the most wild, untouched beauty in the country. It’s easy to understand why it would also be a great place to go see wildlife. While it’s not the easiest to get to, it certainly is a rewarding experience for anyone who loves nature and wildlife. As if the scenery found at McNeil River State Game Sanctuary and Refuge wasn’t enough, the animals will complete your visit. There, you can appreciate anything from wolves and bears to salmon, seals, eagles, and moose, just to name a few.
- Southern Glades Wildlife and Environmental Area-Florida: Stepping away from the forests and bears and heading to the sunny state of Florida, you will be graced with some of the most fascinating creatures that exist-alligators and crocodiles. While these aren’t creatures that you would want to get close to while exploring swamps alone, you can see them at Southern Glades Wildlife and Environmental Area. You can rent canoes or kayaks or also go biking. You will probably be able to spot crocodiles along the ways, and in some seasons, manatees can also be found in this area. Pro tip: It’s a hunting area, so be sure to wear bright colored clothes, so you’re seen by hunters.
The above places are just a few of the destinations where you can expect see wildlife in nature. If you’re adventurous, you’ll love the experience of exploring national parks and nature to find some of the world’s most unique creatures out in the wild. Most of these destinations are just as beautiful for their nature as they are for the animals, so you’ll get the best of both worlds.
Whether you want to see the swamplands in Florida or the wilderness in Alaska, there is a different kind of wildlife destination for everyone. The U.S. is blessed with a large variety of landscapes and scenery and plenty of nature for you to enjoy.
Planning a road trip is a great way to see the beautiful destinations that are found in the U.S. Check out the RV rentals in your area and start planning to see the destinations that stand out to you the most.